True Sourdough Bread
READY TO BAKE
1. Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees
2. Spray water on the loaf
3. Place sourdough loaf in oven
4. Bake for 25 – 35 minutes
(depending on how strong your oven is)
5.Fan-force for the last 15 minutes of the bake
6. Remove bread from oven, ensuring it is golden brown on top. If it’s not golden brown, leave in for a further 5 – 10 minutes.
7. Remove from the pan and place on a rack.
8. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. This is the hardest part, but it helps “set” the crumb.
9. Slice with a serrated bread knife or break bread by hand and dip in E.V. olive oil 😊
10. Share and enjoy.
Note: If baking from frozen, cook for 40 - 50 minutes at 180 degrees. All the remaining instructions remain the same.
If you have time, you can take it out of the freezer the night before and defrost in the fridge before baking.